- Bangladesh army chief calls for crackdown on corruption (AFP via Yahoo! News)
Bangladesh's army chief has attacked the country's corrupt elite who he accused of amassing huge wealth by stealing money meant for the poor, a report said.
- Bird flu experts join probe of mystery Bangladesh deaths (AFP via Yahoo! News)
Bird flu experts are part of a team investigating the unexplained death of three people in northern Bangladesh.
- Love triumphs over taboos in Bangladesh Valentine (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
Love was in the air at several Dhaka universities on Wednesday as students held concerts and cuddled at rare events to celebrate Valentine's Day in majority Muslim Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh court orders stay of militant's death sentence (AFP via Yahoo! News)
Bangladesh's Supreme Court ordered a stay of the execution of an Islamic militant convicted of taking part in a deadly bombing campaign in the South Asian country, a government lawyer said.
- Mashud Misses Out For Bangladesh (Sporting Life via Yahoo! UK & Ireland Sport)
Former captain Khaled Mashud has been left out of Bangladesh's 15-man squad for the World Cup.
- Bangladesh former brigadier named election deputy (Reuters via Yahoo! India News)
DHAKA (Reuters) – Bangladesh named a retired army brigadier-general as an election commissioner on Wednesday, completing a three-man panel to supervise elections in the bitterly divided nation.
- Malaysia to take 105,000 workers from Bangladesh (Reuters via Yahoo! India News)
DHAKA (Reuters) – Malaysia has agreed to recruit 105,000 workers from Bangladesh, the foreign affairs adviser to the interim administration said on Wednesday.
- Explorer finds dry reserve in Bangladesh's South Sangu gas field: Paper (ANI via Yahoo! India News)
By Nazrul Islam Dhaka, Feb 14 (ANI): A British mineral explorer company has reportedly claimed that there is no commercially viable amount of gas reserve in Bangladesh's coastal South Sangu gas field. The UK-based Cairn Energy, after drilling for almost a month an appraisal well at South Sangu gas-field in the Bay of Bengal, found a few days back that there was not enough gas in the well, the …
- Cricket: Bangladesh opt for experience in World Cup squad (AFP via Yahoo! News)
Bangladesh's selectors opted for experience by recalling three seasoned cricketers in their 15-man squad for next month's World Cup in the Caribbean.
- MASHUD MISSES OUT FOR BANGLADESH (Sporting Life)
Bangladesh chief selector Faruque Ahmed has revealed that poor batting displays cost Khaled Mashud his place in the 15-man squad for the World Cup. There was little surprise as the former captain was left out of the team with the selectors favouring Mushfiqur Rahim.